In this guide will show you how to put iPhone X 8 7S 7 Plus 6S 6 5S 5c 5 4S into recovery mode in five steps. If you have an iPhone or iPad which by some reason is not functioning well and it is not responding even when you connect it to iTunes then there is no place to panic yet because we have a way to sort things out. With this method, you can even downgrade your device from beta software. What I am talking about here is setting or putting to be more precise your iPhone into Recovery mode.
Put iPhone or iPad in Recovery Mode Step by Step
To put your iPhone or iPad into recovery mode you will need to do the steps provided below:
- Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is turned off.
- On your device find and Hold down the Home Button and then plug in your device with your computer. You have to keep holding the Home button until on your screen pop-ups a message which asks you to connect to iTunes.
- Once you connect to iTunes, you should be shown a popup message that says that there is an iPhone or iPad which is into
- Recovery mode and that first needs to be restored in order to use it. Then click on OK.
- The final step is to click on Restore iPhone; or – Restore iPad depending on what kind of device you have.
Once you follow the guide steps your device should start auto reboot and once it finishes you should be able to normally use it. But remember that if you put your iPhone or iPad into recovery mode in order to downgrade firmware, there is a slight possibility that this method will not work if you are trying to downgrade a software version which Apple is no longer signing. Some of the older firmware is not supported and at this moment only the official version of the firmware can be properly verified via iTunes. When you put your iPhone or iPad into recovery mode, your device goes thru the same process as when you are doing a standard iOS upgrade or restore. But anyway, you may want to put your iDevice into recovery mode for another reason (most likely related to jailbreaking).
Go here for more info to see how to put iPhone into DFU mode Step by Step.
Video Tutorial How to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode
You can share your experience with Recovery mode in the comment sections below or you can ask us any related to Recovery mode questions if you want to find out more.